Did you know the foods you eat affect the health of your teeth? Keeping your teeth healthy is more than daily brushing and flossing. The foods and drinks you ingest impact the overall health of your mouth and teeth. Always remember to brush after eating, even snacking.
- Milk and other calcium-rich foods are extremely good for healthy teeth! Calcium helps build strong bones and teeth.
- Foods high in Vitamin C, such as oranges, peppers, and spinach, help keep your gums healthy.
- Phosphorus from eggs, nuts, or lean meats helps keep your enamel strong.
Foods to Avoid [source]
- Drinks High in Sugar
- Sugary drinks encourage tooth decay and cavities.
- Gummies or Hard Candies
- Both are extremely hard on your teeth and leave pieces behind, causing cavities.
- The starch in bread turns into sugar and creates a paste that can get stuck between your teeth, causing tooth decay.
- Alcohol dries out your mouth and decreases your saliva.